Powerful 5 AMP motor for cutting into various material
- 32,000 RPM for fast cutting
- Lightweight at only 2.4 lbs. for easy handling
- 2-Way "Slide and Bump" on/off switch
- Sealed switch for extra protection from dust and debris and a longer tool
- "Tool-less" depth adjustment sets the desired cutting depth quickly
- Accepts both 1/8" and 1/4" bits
- All ball bearing construction reduces friction and creates smooth rotation
- Large and conveniently located shaft lock button for fast bit changes
- Technologically advanced centrifugal fan for the most efficient cooling of
- Fan exhaust vents direct air and debris away from the operator
- Durable 10 foot cord with cord guard
- Convenient storage of wrench on the cord
- Double insulated
- Wrench 17 (781008-0)
- Collet Cone 1/4" (763608-8)
- 1/8" Adapter (324149-5)
- 2 pc. 1/8" Drywall guide bit (733229-0)
- Collet Capacity 1/8", 1/4"
No Load RPM 32,000
Cord Length 10 ft.
Net Weight (lbs.) 2.4
Shipping Weight (lbs.) 3.1
Exclusive Information About The MAKITA 3706
The 3706 is hands down the best cutout tool, in our opinion. It has the highest RPM of all the competitors tested,
translating to at least a 27% faster cut through 2" drywall. If fact, it cuts faster than the competition in just about any material ranging from drywall, to fiber-cement, to marble. It has one of the smallest diameter handles(2-1/4") for the most comfortable grip and best control--plus superior engineering and design to protect the tool from the dust and debris. When the 3706 was
basically submerged in drywall dust, it ran for 9 times longer than the market leader.
All in all, the design, features and overall performance of Makita's 3706 makes it the tool to beat.
THE MAKITA ADVANTAGE
• Makita's 3706 cutout tool is a versatile rotary tool that is perfect for drywall, fiber-cement board, acoustic ceilings and materials, tile, wood and many other applications.
• Makita made motor delivers higher performance cutting than the competition, and the special design decreases the handle diameter to at least 1/4" less than the competition for comfortable operation.
• High RPM at no load (32,000 RPM) and under a typical 5 AMP load (18,000 RPM) by at least 2,000 RPM over competitor's tested.
• More power under typical 5 AMP load than all the competitors tested.
• Technologically advanced centrifugal fan keeps the motor at least 20° cooler than most other cutout tools.
• Most efficient dust protection design of all competitive cutout tools extending the life of the motor and tool
• Easily accessible carbon brushes for fast and easy jobsite replacement.
• Outcuts the competition with 1/8" drywall bit in 1/2" drywall by at least 27% at 42 feet per minute; the most typical use for cutout tools.
• Outcuts the competition in all other materials ranging from marble tile, to fiber-cement board to wood.
• Large shaft lock button for an easy bit change. Wrench can be stored on the cord.
• Quick and easy depth adjustment can be fine tuned by simply loosening the thumb screw.
Every Makita tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide a replacement or refund. Each Makita tool is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of ONE YEAR from the date of original purchase. Should any trouble develop during this one-year period, return the COMPLETE tool, freight prepaid, to one of Makita's Factory or Authorized Service Centers .